Hello sisters! As we end week 6 of our study, Nancy and Mary left us with a few thoughts:
- The Lord places great value on the work of the home and so should you.
- Satan will try to distract you from doing what’s most important by keeping you busy doing things of lesser importance. You can’t do everything. You need to be strategic about how you use your time and energy to invest in eternity.
- It’s important to understand the seasonal nature of a woman’s life. In the child-rearing season, home management requires significantly more time and energy, and you will do well to adjust your other work commitments accordingly.
- It is an incredible privilege and responsibility to steward the various gifts and relationships the Lord has entrusted to you. Remember that whether in the home, in the marketplace,e or anywhere else…your aim is to work for God.
I would like to share a few additional resources for a deeper study. All these can be found on the True Woman 201 website at http://www.truewomanbooks.com.
The Counter-Cultural Woman: A Fresh Look at Proverbs 31. There are 27 programs in this series. I shared two with you last week, A Virtuous Woman and Modeling Humility. This week I would like to highlight two more. Click on the titles below to listen to them.
A Godly Woman’s Works
Nancy Demoss Wolgemuth has a new book that was just released earlier this month, called Adorned. I just started reading the book myself and I hope to share bits of it with you during our study. Revive Our Hearts Radio has a series titled God’s Beautiful Design for Woman: Living Out Titus 2:1-5. Click on the titles below to hear Nancy share how we can live out Titus 2.
God’s Beautiful Design for Women Day 24
God’s Beautiful Design for Women Day 25
God’s Beautiful Design for Women Day 26
God’s Beautiful Design for Women Day 27
God’s Beautiful Design for Women Day 28
Please let us know how we can be praying for you throughout the study! Have a great weekend!
In His Love,
One Heart Woman’s Ministry
Hello dear sisters! I hope you have been enjoying week 6 of our study. “Our ideas about work impact our decisions about working in the marketplace versus the home. A proper theology of work – that is, an understanding of what the Bible teaches about it – is vital to help us make wise choices about what, why, where, when, and how to work.”
“God expects us to invest the resources He has entrusted to us – time, talents, and money – in things that will last. Jesus doesn’t condemn business success or economic prosperity. Jesus and Paul both benefited from the generosity of independently wealthy women (Luke 8:2-3, Acts 13:13-15). The Lord is simply challenging us to examine the motives of our hearts to see if we treasure Him and His kingdom above temporal things.”
Here are some discussion questions. You can share your thoughts and comments here, write them down in your book during your quiet time or discuss them with another sister doing the study with you.
- What are your spheres of responsibility in this season of your life?
- Take a look at day 2. Describe your opinions about work by indicating how strongly you agree or disagree with the statements on pages 140 & 141.
- What do you think it means to look well to the ways of your household?
- Do you struggle with idleness, busying yourself with time-wasting activities, or competing activities that keep you from “working at home” and “looking well to the way of your household”?
- Read though the 5 points throughout day 2 & 3, 1. Work was created to put the nature and character of God on display, 2. All legitimate work is an extension of God’s work, 3. Your work has eternal significance, 4.God wants you to be strategic in your allocation of time and energy, 5. Women who have been redeemed show it through “good works”, 6. Scripture promotes a gender-specific emphasis on work-responsibility.
For a number of reasons, we will not be taping our Monday night sessions each week. If you have been enjoying them and would like to see us continue them please let us know. We will continue to pray and seek God’s guidance in the best ways to bring you a quality online Bible study. We thank you for being a part of our study and pray for you and your families!
In His Love,
One Heart Women’s Ministry
Hello dear sisters, welcome to week 6, Responsibility. This was a great week of study! I would like to quote a few things Nancy and Mary have said throughout the week. “The Bible affirms the principle that there’s a unique responsibility for the home that goes along with biblical womanhood and a unique responsibility for provision that goes along with biblical manhood. But the Bible simply doesn’t give us a one-size-fits-all template for how to apply that when it comes to women and work. We pray that studying the Bible’s teaching about work, productivity, womanhood, and the home will help you make wise decisions regarding your particular situation and lead you to extend grace toward women whose lives look different from yours. In our minds, the question isn’t “Should women work?” but rather “What is God’s view of work?” “How do I choose which work receives the most time and attention at this stage in my life?” “Am I giving my home the focus and priority God wants it to have?” And “am I determining the value of my work based on earthly or heavenly economics?” These are some questions we’ll try to address as we consider how to be women who faithfully steward God’s gifts by being fruitful, creative, industrious, productive workers..and who fulfill our responsibility to be “working at home.”
Once you’ve completed the homework for this week click here to watch the True Woman Week 6: Responsibility.
Come back on Wednesday for our Discussion Questions. You can share your thoughts and comments with us here, jot them down in your book during your quiet time or discuss them with another sister doing the study with you. Please let us know how we can pray for you throughout the study. Have a great week!
In His Love,
One Heart Women’s Ministry