Hello dear sisters! I hope you have been enjoying week 3 of our study. We’ve talked about before how this whole study is completely counterculture. We see that it is no different with this weeks lesson. We all need a heart for marriage and family but how we live it out is different for each of us based on our family. I like that we get to see both sides from Nancy and Mary. On page 81 Nancy says, “For all of us, whether married or single, it looks like (living out) valuing, respecting, celebrating, prioritizing, and seeking to build up the marriages and children around us-whether our own, or others’. But that way of thinking requires swimming upstream – against our flesh and the culture.”
Here are some discussion questions. You can share your thoughts and comments here, write them down in your book during your quiet time or discuss them with another sister doing the study with you.
- Do you think you love and esteem the family as much as God would like you to?
- How can you cultivate a mindset that values marriage as God does?
- Why do you think deceitful spirits and demons promote beguiling, false ideas about marriage?
- Would you characterize yourself as a “child-liker”?
- Can you identify any ways that you have bought into faulty perspectives on marriage, children, or family?
On page 83 of our homework we were asked to look back over this week’s lesson and ask the Lord to show us one main “take-away point” that you can apply to your life. I would like to encourage you to do that!
We have a group of women meeting on Monday evening to do this very same study. I will post our discussion video as soon as it’s ready.
In His Love,
One Heart Women’s Ministry